Dear Prospective Adjudicator,
Thank you for your interest in becoming an adjudicator for Las Casas Performing Arts Scholarship Program. Now celebrating our 10th year, this annual program, which culminates in the Joci Awards, a one-night showcase of 25 talented performing arts students in San Antonio and the surrounding area, offers countless educational opportunities and awards more than $100,000 in scholarships each year. Since the program’s inception in 2009, Las Casas has awarded nearly $800,000, making it the largest scholarship funding source of its kind in the United States.
Las Casas Performing Arts Scholarship Program also serves as a Regional Award Program for the National High School Musical Theatre Awards (NHSMTA), also known as The Jimmy Awards, a national celebration of outstanding student achievement in high school musical theatre. As an adjudicator, your role is imperative in selecting the Lead Actress and Actor who will go on to represent our region at The Jimmy Awards in New York City in June 2018.
- Participate in one (1) Adjudicator Training Session; to be scheduled with program coordinator
- Attend and evaluate at least three (3) high school musicals between October 9, 2017 and April 1, 2018
- Complete evaluation forms and return within three (3) days of the performance
- Must not be affiliated in any capacity with a participating high school or students in the production
- Must have a degree or equivalent professional experience in musical theatre, directing, acting, vocal music, performing arts education and/or related fields
- Must have an email address to receive communications
- Only applicants with computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader) and internet access will be considered
- Two (2) tickets to the show for which you are evaluating
- Two (2) tickets to the Joci Awards on Sun., May 21, 2017
- Travel expense stipend