Thank you for your interest in becoming an adjudicator for the Las Casas Performing Arts Scholarship Program. Now celebrating our 11th year, this annual program, which culminates in the Joci Awards, a one-night showcase of 25 talented performing arts students in San Antonio and the surrounding area, offers numerous educational opportunities and awards more than $100,000 in scholarships each year. In 2019, Las Casas will award its one-millionth dollar at the Joci Awards, making it the largest scholarship funding source of its kind in the United States.
Las Casas Performing Arts Scholarship Program also serves as a Regional Award Program for the National High School Musical Theatre Awards/The Jimmy Awards, a national celebration of outstanding student achievement in high school musical theatre. As an adjudicator, your role is imperative in selecting the Lead Actress and Actor who will go on to represent our region at The Jimmy Awards in New York City.
- Participate in one (1) Adjudicator Training Session to be held at the Las Casas Foundation office (Majestic Building, 222 E. Houston St., San Antonio, TX 78205) on either:
- Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
- Attend and evaluate high school musicals between October 5, 2018 and February 24, 2019; program coordinator will create master calendar with all musicals to be evaluated and adjudicators will sign up for respective slots.
- Complete and submit evaluation forms within three (3) days of the performance
- Must not be affiliated in any capacity with a participating high school or students in the production
- Must have a degree or equivalent professional experience in musical theatre, directing, acting, vocal music, performing arts education and/or related fields
- Must have an email address to receive communications
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader) and have internet access
- Two (2) tickets to the show for which you are evaluating
- Two (2) tickets to the Joci Awards on Sunday, April 14, 2019
- Individual show: $15
- 3-show commitment: $100
- 5-show commitment: $300
If interested in adjudicating more than five shows or committing to the full season, please contact us ASAP. Note: Mileage reimbursement may be submitted for shows outside Bexar County.