Dear Prospective Adjudicator,
Thank you for your interest in becoming an adjudicator for Las Casas Performing Arts Scholarship Program. Las Casas will once again award $100,000 in scholarships at the 2017 Joci Awards, a one-night showcase of talented performing arts students in San Antonio and the surrounding area. Since 2009, Las Casas has awarded more than $685,000 to deserving students who excel in the performing arts, making it one of the largest scholarship funding sources of its kind in the United States.
Las Casas Performing Arts Scholarship Program also serves as a Regional Award Program for the National High School Musical Theatre Awards (NHSMTA), a national celebration of outstanding student achievement in high school musical theatre. As an adjudicator, your role is imperative in selecting the Lead Actress and Actor who will go on to represent our region at the NHSMTA in New York City.
- Participate in one (1) Adjudicator Training Session
- Dates: Thurs., Sept. 29, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. OR, Oct. 5, 2016 at 5:30 p.m.
- Location: TBD
- Attend and evaluate at least three (3) high school musicals between October 7, 2016 and March 5, 2017
- Complete evaluation forms and return within three (3) days of the performance
- Participate in Scoring Roundtable on Thurs., March 9, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
- Must not be affiliated in any capacity with a participating high school or students in the production
- Must have a degree or equivalent professional experience in musical theatre, directing, acting, vocal music, performing arts education and/or related fields
- Must have an email address to receive communications
- Only applicants with computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader) and internet access will be considered
- Two (2) tickets to the show for which you are evaluating
- Two (2) tickets to the Joci Awards on Sun., May 21, 2017
- Travel expense stipend