Las Casas Foundation presents
Camp Broadway in San Antonio
Charline McCombs Empire Theatre
Monday, August 3 – Friday, August 7, 2020
Camp Broadway’s Mainstage musical theatre camp is the destination where theatre-loving kids ages 10 to 17 learn what life on Broadway is all about: working as a team to stage a full theatre production, personal growth in your artistic craft, and expanding your circle of theatre-loving friends.
This immersive, 5-day intensive offers Mainstagers a taste of the total production experience! Want to improve your acting chops, explore costume design, or enhance your dance skills? At Camp Broadway’s signature musical theatre camp, you’ll get to do it all while learning from seasoned Broadway professionals in a real professional theatre setting. Mainstage is also an unforgettable event for the whole family, culminating in a dazzling finale performance, showcasing your learning, talent, and passion for theatre!
Along your journey, you’ll also discover ways to Develop Your Character. Character means more than the role you play on stage – it’s also who we are off-stage. At Mainstage, developing your character means balancing teamwork with self-discovery and understanding how your individual contributions lead to group success. By cultivating the habits such as mindfulness, personal accountability, and courage, we become better people as well as artists.
Nervous about making your stage debut? Don’t be! You don’t need to be a local theatre star or show choir diva to join Mainstage, just an excitement for the theatre and a willingness to learn and grow in your craft. Our supportive and enthusiastic Broadway community awaits!
What Can You Expect from Mainstage? A better question might be, “What won’t you do?” This jam-packed week has it all – from preparing and performing, to getting industry insights from the pros.
Your Mainstage package includes 5 days (40 hours!) of instruction and activities including:
- Intensives in singing, acting, and dancing taught by Broadway professionals
- A memorable lunch on stage of the Majestic Theatre and talkback with industry professionals
- Camp Broadway swag – including our official t-shirt, labeled bag and pencil
- A collectible Mainstage program patch
- Your professional ‘Cast of Characters’ headshot
- Healthy lunches, snacks and water – because you’ve got to feed the talent!
Mainstagers and their families also receive:
- Access to our ‘Call Board’ – with exclusive sneak peeks and all the need-to-know details to get you ready for Broadway!
- End-of-day info to prepare for the next day’s activities
- A keepsake playbill from your Mainstage Finale performance
- Complimentary admission to our Family Finale show at the Charline McCombs Empire Theatre